HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE
The Congregation of the Sisters of the Apostolic Carmel is an Indian Congregation,which was founded in 1870 by Mother Veronica,a holy and dedicated woman who was divinely inspired to reach out to the many girls of her day.
Today,the Sisters cater to the needs of the children in the High Schools and Higher Primary Schools,Teacher Training Institution,Degree Colleges and Technical Schools.The medium of instruction is both English and the regional language.
Besides,the congregation has creches,Children’s Homes,Boarding Houses and Social Service centres in rural and urban areas in India, Sri Lanka,Pakistan,Kuwait,Bahrain,Kenya and Rome.
Carmel Convent School was opened in 1970,for the benefit of the children of Jayanagar and the neighbouring extensions of Bangalore city.The High School was upgraded to carmel Convent PU College in 2015.