Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. Education is not preparation for life, but, Education is Life itself. It is the endeavour of the Department of Pre-University Education to prepare students for their higher education.
At this juncture, the Department of Pre-University Education has to meet challenges of the competitive world. It is necessary for the system of education to satisfy the present-day society. In other words, Department of Pre-University Education has aimed at training young minds in building and nurturing the intellectual and cultural aspects of students for their all-round development. For this purpose, the Department of Pre-University Education has actively involved the department officials, college principals and staff.
Under the umbrella of Karnataka State Pre-University Colleges Principals’ Association, the Bengaluru South Pre-University Colleges Principals’ Association came into existence in 1992. Since then Principals’ Association is working in co-ordination with the Deputy Director to channelise and execute programmes of the department, the guidance and the co-operation of the deputy directors has inspired the association to discharge its duties efficiently and enthusiastically.
Mottos of the Association
- Conducting tests, mid-term examination and preparatory examination as per schedule
- Organising district, divisional and state level sports and cultural competitions with the co-operation of the department
- Conducting workshops, seminars, refresher courses and training programmes for lecturers to enhance the quality of teaching
- Honouring retired principals and other officials for their sincere service
- Felicitating meritorious students
- Conducting administrative trainings for principalsConducting special workshops for the principals and staff to maintain accounts of the office, the records of the institution and day-to-day administration of the college